The Council will work with local partners including the NHS to encourage people to take up the offer of the COVID-19 vaccine.
We will ensure we communicate in multiple languages and use a range of channels to reach as many people as possible.
Where false information is identified, correct information will be communicated by trusted voices and through targeted channels as soon as possible.
We will work with NHS partners to ensure the best possible access to vaccine centres.
We are also working with the Tees Valley Clinical Commissioning Group to ensure the vaccine programme is delivered to all those eligible, across all communities as quickly and efficiently as possible.
This work will include:
- Delivering the vaccine in culturally sensitive ways to meet the needs of diverse populations
- Supporting those considered vulnerable and hard to reach
- Considering any specific needs for people with protected characteristics and following equality guidance
- Developing pop-up clinics
- Staff engagement, in particular NHS, social care and other priority frontline workers
- Surveillance of uptake and coverage, including community knowledge of historical uptake of vaccination and health interventions